LAKEFRONT 4+ BEDROOM, 3.5 BATH HOME W/ PRIVATE DOCK, FISH/SKI BOAT, BILLIARDS ROOM, WIFI
Luxury Lakefront Rental Home located directly on Lake Nantahala in the North Carolina Mountains at over 3000 foot of elevation on the cleanest most pristine lake east of the Rockies. Over 3200 sq. ft. of living space plus 800 sq. ft. of covered decks, 4+ bedroom, 3.5 bath, sleeps 10-12, perfect for family vacationing, family reunions, or get together with friends. Fish and ski boat, high speed wireless internet, private dock, paddle boat, canoe, and two kayaks included with rental rate of our home.
Trout fishing in the Nantahala River is excellent all season long for fly fishing and spin casting. NEW THIS YEAR...Guests at our homes have unlimited exclusive access to over 2 miles of private river frontage on what has been called the Premier Trout river East of the Rocky Mountains. The Nantahala was the host river for the 2011 USA National Fly Fishing Championships http://www.smokymountainnews.com/news/item/3266-cherokee-hits-the-big-time-top-us-anglers-to-sample-reservation-waters The river is located less than 10 minutes from our lake home. A North Carolina fishing license and Trout stamp is required. We can set you up with a licensed guide upon request.
Located less than twenty minutes from our lake home is the Nantahala Outdoor Center www.noc.com. Voted by Good Morning America and National Geographic Adventure Magazine as the #1 family vacation spot in America for vacations with a splash. The Nantahala River will play host to the 2013 World Freestyle Kayaking Championships with athletes from over 50 Countries participating. http://www.noc.com/nantahala-gorge-2013 The Nantahala River will also host a World Cup Freestyle event in 2012 as a test event for the World Championships in 2013.
When planing your Nantahala vacation, be sure to include a White Water rafting trip for the whole family down the Nantahala. Then dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, The Rivers End Cafe.
Are there campers in your group? Let us know and we will provide you with our 4 person tent and our camping kit or bring your own gear. Then paddle or kayak to one of the three islands on the lake or pick a spot out of over 30 miles of National Forest that surrounds the lake and spend a night. Our kids love to camp and there is no better location than on a island you canoed to.
Actual views from the deck of our home have been featured in the North Carolina Travel Guide and Magazines. Lake Nantahala is conveniently located just a 2 hour drive from Atlanta, Chattanooga, Asheville, and Knoxville.
Lake Nantahala has 3,800 surface acres and over 42 miles of shoreline, of which 97% is Nantahala National Forest. The Nantahala National Forest consists of 4 forests, the Pisgah, Nantahala, Uwharrie, and Croatan which all together make up 1.2 million acres. Nantahala National Forest consists of a hiker's paradise with over 1,300 miles of hiking trails, numerous waterfalls, more than 800 campsites, 490 picnic sites, 7 swimming beaches, 11 wilderness areas, numerous lakes, plus hundreds of miles of rivers and streams, including two nationally recognized wild and scenic rivers. Lake Nantahala has the 2nd highest surface elevation east of the Mississippi at 3,100 foot of elevation. Lake Nantahala is a beautiful area with pristine crystal clear water.
Located less than twenty minutes from our lake home is the Nantahala Outdoor Center www.noc.com Voted by good Morning America and National Georgraphic Adventure Magazine as the #1 family vacation spot in America for vacations with a splash. The whole family will enjoy a white water trip down the Nantahala then dinner at the Rivers End Cafe.
The Blue Ridge Parkway www.blueridgeparkway.org is located about 30 minutes away. There are several nice loop trips you can make and still be home in time to see the sun set from the front porch.
A trip to the mountains would not be complete without a visit to the Smoky Mountain National Park www.nps.gov/grsm The eastern entrance and the Southern entrance by Cades Cove are both less than an hour away www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/cadescove.htm
- Wayah Bald, elevation 5,385 ft (approx. 15 minutes)
- Smokey Mountain National Forest (approx. 30 minutes)
- Clingmans Dome, the highest point in the Great Smokey Mountains at 6,643 ft of elevation and offers great views of the mtn and surrounding states (approx. 1 hr)
- Mountain Water Scenic Byway, 61 miles winding through the Southern Appalachians Hardwood Forest, numerous waterfalls, lakes, and two river gorges (approx. 45 minutes)
- Nantahala National Forest Surrounds the Entire Lake
- Nantahala Outdoor Center Whitewater Rafting (approx. 20 minutes)
- The Great Smokey Mountain Railroads (approx. 30 minutes)
- Cherokee Harrah's Casino (approx. 30 minutes) www.harrahscherokee.com
- Bartram Trail (approx. 5 minutes)
- Appalachian Trail (approx. 10 minutes)
- The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, 649 miles of scenic roadway (approx. 30 minutes)
- Ocoee Whitewater Rafting Center (approx. 45 minutes)
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (approx. 45 minutes)
- Pisgah National Forest (approx. 30 minutes)
- Juneywhank Falls, 75 ft waterslide, 0.25 mile hike (approx. 30 minutes)
- Tom's Branch Falls, 60 ft cascase, 0.25 mile hike (approx. 30 minutes)
- Indian Creek Falls, 25 ft cascade, 1 mile hike (approx. 30 minutes)
- Dry Falls, 80 ft freefall, 200 yard hike (approx. 45 minutes)
- Whitewater Falls, the highest falls east of the the Rockies with a 411 ft drop, 0.4 mile hike (approx. 45 minutes) Rainbow Falls, 150 ft fall, 1.5 mile hike (approx. 45 minutes)
- Silver Run Falls, 75 ft fall, 200 yard hike (approx. 45 minutes)
- Mud Creek Falls, 100 ft falls, no hike required, roadside (approx. 45 minutes)
- High Falls, 100 ft fall, 1.2 mile hike (approx. 45 minutes)
- Bridal Veil Falls, a 120 ft drop, no hike required, roadside (approx. 45 minutes)
- Lower Cullasaja Falls, a 250 ft drop (approx. 45 minutes)
- Glen Falls is made up of 3 waterfalls all with 60 ft drops (approx. 45 minutes)
- Leatherwood Falls, 100 ft cascade (approx. 30 minutes)
- Wasilik Poplar, the second largest yellow poplar tree in the US (approx. 30 minutes)
- Biltmore Estates in Asheville (approx. 1 hour)
- Maggie Valley Snow Skiing and Tubing (approx. 1 hour)
- Thinking about a Wedding in the Mountains www.WhitewaterWeddings.com
- Horseback Riding (approx. 20 to 45 minutes) www.chunkygalstables.com , www.brasstownvalley.com , www.horseshoecreekstables.com
- Pan for Gold in the area rivers and streams www.sheffieldmine.com , www.goldcityamusement.com , www.cherokeerubymine.com , www.coweemtnrubymine.com , www.masonsrubyandsapphiremine.com , www.rosecreekmine.com
- Good Restaurants (20 minutes to an hour away)
- Five Great Golf Courses nearby (20 minutes to an hour)
- Antique Shopping
Airports: Just a two hour drive from Atlanta, Asheville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville.
Hiking, Biking, Great Fishing in lake or rivers, boating, Whitewater rafting, Tubing, Shopping, Snow Skiing...the possibilities are endless .....